Some tplink wifi router and modem devices are very hard to handle but you can read manuals of tplink wifi devices and then you can configure these devices carefully. tp link router setup page is very common for all tplink router devices and you can handle your router settings using http:// 192.168.0.1 IP address.
When you find USB drive at the back side of your tplink wifi router device, you can handle your USB drive settings. There is an advance feature that you will need to make for your device and these settings are known as “Media Sharing” feature for tplink wifi routers. When you configure media feature for tplink router and modem devices, you can share your USB drive with other computers.
Steps to Make Media Sharing Feature for TP-Link Routers
- Connect USB device to tplink router you are using.
- Select “My Computer” from your computer.tp-link n router as a wireless access point.
- Click on “Network” button.
- Enable your USB device or any particular folder of your file from there.
- Access tplink wifi router login page a computer using tp link router setup Fill http:// 192.168.0.1 or http:// tplinkwifi.net to address bar.
- Fill tplink login details when asked.
- From “Basic” button select “USB Sharing” button.
- After that click on “Sharing Access” button.
- Enable “Folder Sharing” for your USB device that you have connected to your tplink device.
- Enable authentication for folder sharing for USB device. You can set a password for each user who want to access folders that you have shared.
- After that click on “Save” button and you can close the setup page.
These are steps for sharing USB folder from tplink router device that you have for your home network.